Wednesday, September 13, 2006

It's that time again.

chin-up buckaroo, happy trails, they are awaiting
Happy 16 Months!
RIGHT NOW...
My favorite thing about you is: your babble. You have seriously started putting words together and repeating everything we say. It's awesome.
Tonight, Tim was reading one of her favorite little books to her. It's a Sesame Street book that talks about the sounds on Sesame Street. Audrey, without any prompting said the correct sound for each page. "Bam! Bam! Bam!", "Tick, tick, tick, tick" and "Tweet! Tweet!" Oh, I almost fell over with pride. Yes. Your little voice is my favorite thing about you right now. I simply can't get enough of it.

The biggest relief would be: if you would never get another ear infection again. Please? You are currently on your 6th. I don't want to sign you up for the surgery. I don't want you to be on any more anitbiotics either, blech. Oh, and just so you know- she still refuses to drink milk.

devil horns are sprouting. can't you see them?

What I’m most looking forward to is: for you to start speaking in sentences. I want to know how your brain works. I want to know what you're thinking. Someday soon, I'm sure you'll tell me all about it.

New words: want more, want down, book, outside, hat, bat, pop, mop, toot toot, I'm sure there's more. I just can't think right now. I'll add them as I remember them. Most of them are from those Sesame Street books. (Best investment ever.)

Some of the funny things you've done lately: Yeah, it still involves food. You refuse to let us feed you. You insist on feeding yourself, which is extremely messy, but damn cute.
pack it in

You have also been putting on my shoes and clomping around in them. I think I might buy you some dress up shoes. I know you'd like that.

Audrey, I love watching you and your father together. You are my two favorite people and it just melts my heart to see moments like these:
Fluttering Forehead Kisses Before Bed

step on a crack, break your mama's back

7 Comments:

Blogger Brooks Brown said...

reading this entry and seeing the photos has made me all warm and mooshy inside. you sure have a great family going on there waddy. you're a lucky woman.

2:51 PM  
Blogger jen said...

I love her chunky knees in that first picture!

3:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey angela
garrett sent me a link so i could see your beautiful little girl! You all look great...
I have got 2 little ones -Henry 18 months and Whitley(Whit) 3 1/2 years- It just keeps getting better- Tell Tim I said Hi
Take Care
Wynn

12:42 PM  
Blogger angela said...

wynn!
long time no talk. so good to hear that you're doing well. timmy says hello! gosh. what in the world have you been up to?

jen- i love her chubby legs too.

hi brooks!

hi beck!

7:41 PM  
Blogger The Ten O' Clock Habit said...

dear angela,

i believe you just restored my faith in blogging.

i love your honest-to-goodness, "snap-shot" style of writing. your candid-ness, um...is that a word?, is admirable.

thanks for sharing your not-at-all "glum" self and your gorgeousweet family.

10:41 AM  
Blogger The Ten O' Clock Habit said...

p.s. happy 16th month, angel! i've got three of these dynamo packs and i tell you, it's been a blast so far.

10:42 AM  
Blogger angela said...

hi ikat! thanks for stopping by. what a compliment- i'm glad i helped restore your faith in blogging. i just picked it back up again recently. it helps me keep my life straight. whatever that means!

6:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home