Saturday, October 07, 2006

Great. Just Great.

Img3407.JPG

We've been loosening the reigns lately. We put the safety gate at the top of the stairs. Audrey is free to roam the entire second level. Freedom. Well, sort of.

Anyway, today, I was on the computer and she was playing in her room. I could hear her babbling. Every now and then, she'd come check on me to make sure I was still ignoring her. (Come on now, I'd talk to her when she came to visit me.)

She had pranced off to her room and I returned to the computer. After a few minutes, I realized I hadn't heard her bang on anything in awhile. I hadn't heard her constant babble. I got a little worried.

I jumped up from my chair, "Audrey?" No answer. No noise.

I ran into her room to find her atop her nesting tables. She was facing the wall, playing with the monitor and her belt. She didn't even look guilty.

The climbing. It's begun.

Anyone know where I can find some lead shoes?

3 Comments:

Blogger OhTheJoys said...

Your photos are beautiful!

8:48 PM  
Blogger jen said...

E is always into EVERYTHING and is a climber too! I try to back off sometimes to give him some space and time to himself, but I have to stay in the same room and keep one eye on him- the lil' stinker! So, I end up sitting across the room ready to spring in to action at any moment. He likes to wait until I'm just getting comfortable and then he goes for the lamps.

5:29 PM  
Blogger Brooks Brown said...

Baby Ben next door came head first out of the doggie door last week, inches away from cracking his head on the cement steps. His mama told me that with some super human powers she was able to fly out of her seated position all the way over to the steps to catch his head within inches of catastrophe. Mothers of toddlers really are superheroes.

5:28 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home