Sunday, January 29, 2006

Mom Saves the Day



Saturday night, in the car, on the way home after a long day, BabyPooPoo was fussing. Tim says, "Where's the bottle?"
I say, "It's empty."
He pulls off the highway, stops at a gas station, goes inside with her empty bottle and comes out with a full one.
BabyPooPoo had stopped fussing and had fallen asleep by the time he returned.
We continued driving and arrived home without further fusses.
Upon attempting to transfer her from the car to her crib, she wakes up and begins crying.
I take the bottle and fill it with 3 scoops of golden fluffy soy milk powder. I ritualistically twist the nipple on, place my index finger over the hole, hold it over the sink and proceed to shake the mixture until it is smooth and drinkable. When I take my finger off to relieve the pressure, the milk spurts out. Now, this is normal, except that the spurt lasted for about three times the length that it normally does. I say to Tim, "What the hell is going on with this bottle? It won't stop spurting!"
"Oh, I forgot to tell you it's carbonated water."
"You used CARBONATED water for her bottle!!@#*!"
As I'm dumping it out he replies, "Yeah, that's all they had."
If I had given BabyPooPoo that bottle, you might have been reading an entry entitled "Baby Explodes! Carbonated Water is Culprit"
I have visions of the girl in Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory that ate something she wasn't supposed to and blew up like a beach ball and rolled away.
Lesson learned: Always have bottled water in the car for making bottles on the go.
Thinking back on it, I'm glad I didn't go ahead and mix it in the car...that would have been a sight.

2 Comments:

Blogger jen said...

That is hilarious- and SO Tim!

9:09 AM  
Blogger angela said...

he's such a goof. i'll never let him hear the end of it.

9:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home