Tuesday, January 30, 2007

The One That Got Away

Yesterday, I had jury duty. It was quite nice being in an over-crowded room, reading a book and waiting for my name to be called. I even ran into an old acquaintance from my bartending days. He was also a friend of an ex-boyfriend, which brings me to the interesting part of today's post. After we became re-acquainted with each other, I had to ask, "So, after all these years, have you heard from ex-boyfriend?"
He smiled. He smirked. He held back laughter, and then, he began to explain.
Turns out, my ex-boyfriend ordered an Asian bride off the internet. She doesn't speak any English and he apparently orders her to re-fill water glasses and such for dinner guests. Nice. Real winner.

Boy, I sure knew how to pick 'em.

After telling this story to my own personal Buddha, (I don't know if she was trying to make me feel better or not.) she says, "He was the biggest loser you ever dated."

4 Comments:

Blogger emily said...

Ooh, that must have been satisfying to hear. I guess I'm just not very nice, because I love hearing stuff like that about my exes.

12:25 PM  
Blogger jen said...

You have to kiss some frogs before you find your prince, right?
This guy just happened to be a sewer frog with an extra eye. We all have those in our past.

12:43 PM  
Blogger OhTheJoys said...

Wow. That's, well, icky. Icky ex.

4:17 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

is he from alabama?

(i can ask that. i was born there.)

1:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home