Thursday, January 18, 2007

Downer

If cleanliness is close to godliness, I'll be in Hell by Sunday.
Do you ever feel like you just can't get caught up? Well, that's how I've felt all day today. To make matters worse, all I've done to remedy this is a few loads of laundry. Oh, and I took an extra shower. That made me feel a little less dirty. It did nothing for the shoddy appearance of my house though. Sigh.

While I'm whining, I might as well get it all out. I've lost my sense of smell again. It's nice to know I can shell out over 1000 bucks for a surgery that doesn't even work. Hopefully, the second time around, the insurance will cover all of it.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

two sayings my mom shared with me:

your house is clean enough to be healthy and dirty enough to be happy

and my favorite

dull women have immaculate houses

oh, and i can't smell much either. haven't been able to for years. i count it as a blessing now... :)

6:38 PM  
Blogger James Simpson said...

I'm partial to the word 'shoddy' and happy to see someone else use the word.


So your 20-month-old was cranky. Try to imagine having two girls four years apart; that's when the fun begins. Watch them switch maturity levels in mid-tantrum. Still, my girls are an absolute joy, and I couldn't imagine life without them.

I like what novelist Ingrid Hill has to say about writing and parenting:

"Parenting takes perseverance: so does writing. Parenting demands creativity: so does writing. Parenting pays back great emotional and spiritual rewards -— and also gives us grief. So does writing. Both are manifestations of the great spirit of life itself."

Yesiree. (Awesome photographs, btw.)

-- Jim

9:22 PM  
Blogger jen said...

I can definitely commiserate with you on this one. Our house is in a constant state of shambles. Not only does it never seem to be clean, but there also is so much to be repaired, renovated and/or replaced. It's quite overwhelming most of the time. Bill loving refers to our house as the "crap shack", but I prefer to steal from the movies and call it The Money Pit. Instead of complaining, I know, we should just be happy that we have a house at all. But, it's more fun to complain about it sometimes.

8:58 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Losing your sense of smell has to be pretty high on the miserability scale. I'm sorry.

6:35 AM  
Anonymous Poker Fan said...

It is excellent idea

10:27 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home