Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Chattanooga!

AGP_0563
Audrey is on her first big vacation away from home. I drove her up to Chattanooga yesterday to meet with her first friend, ever. Excited does not explain how pumped she was to see Kietly. I thought I was going to pull out my hair leading up to the expedition: "How many more sleeps until I get to go to Tennessee?" "I'm gonna bring my doll and her stroller and my fairy books and my new Barbie horse. I want Kitely to see everything." "How many more sleeps now?" "Are we there yet, Mama?"

And then, when we finally got there, we had to sit and wait. And wait. And wait. To Audrey 15 minutes seemed like an eternity!
AGP_0586
AGP_0587AGP_0588
And then, FINALLY! Kitely and Suzanne arrived. There was a grin the size of Texas on Audrey's face and I knew it would be stuck there long into the hot summer night. I was no more a concern of my daughter's. She would start to say something to me during lunch, quickly remember her best friend was right next to her, brush me off, swivel around and declare Very Important Stuff to her bosom buddy.
AGP_0591
AGP_0592
I know Audrey is enjoying her time away from home. I called her before bed to say g'night and to make sure she was not the emotional wreck I was. Needless to say, she was polite and spoke with me long enough for me to tell her that her little baby sister was sleeping in her bed but then quickly got off the phone once I started to string out the conversation.

Honestly? I'm not worried about her. I know she's loving every second of it. I'm just worried that she won't want to come home! Catching fireflies, bathing in gigantic bubble bath ridden tubs, swimming in the sunshine, watching morning cartoons with your best pal, eating really good food from a really good cook and sharing laughter with one of the most special people, ever?

I'm going to have to pry her away from Tennessee!

You're gonna have to see this one up close. See it here: View On White
kiteaud

2 Comments:

Blogger superpragmatic said...

great post, angela. gave me goosebumps.

4:16 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

This makes me smile from ear to ear. Those two are precious! I love that they're still "BFFs" despite the long distance!

8:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home