Monday, April 05, 2010

Since Birth

bff
Audrey Rose and Kitely Mae.
It never ceases to amaze me how well these two get along, even after not seeing each other for extended periods of time.

Almost five years ago, I was lucky enough to have a very good friend that was pregnant at the same time as me. We also worked in the same building... bonus.
She held my Baby Audrey while she was nine months pregnant. And Audrey was there to see tiny Baby Kitely within days of her arrival.
I can remember sitting at my kitchen table with Suzanne, both of us fumbling over how to nurse our babies and laughing about it. I can remember passing on some of my newborn "expertise"(remember, I was only a month ahead) to her- mainly the awesome discovery of The Sling.
Dsc_0007
I am so grateful for those moments and many more. It was so comforting to have such a good friend to share all of those New Mommy Moments with, and there were hundreds.

What was even better was that after the kids grew older we continued to hang out. We went for Babies & Beers at the Brickstore and coffee and dessert on other evenings. We did so much together as new parents! And our girls? Our girls have always gotten along like peas and carrots. Always.
A bear upclose and a pea in the distanceDoublemint Twins2005-10-08_0099audrey's going after itGeezersBest Friends!Img0983.JPGsunset over a patch of grassthanks, suzanne!

Even last Thursday, it'd been months and months since they'd seen each other, as soon as Kitely and Audrey laid eyes on one another, they screamed and hugged and immediately began conversing as if not a day had passed since their last meeting.
No awkwardness.
No warming up.

It leaves me in awe. It leaves me incredibly happy to know that at such an early age, she had this little brown-haired, warm brown-eyed, cute-as-a-button, wonderfully polite and kind Kitely to be friends with.

And that their friendship continues to grow.
I hope they'll always be such good friends.
snow white was so excited to spend time with her very first and best friend

Best of Friends

Thanks for the visit Suzanne and Phillip. We love you, too!

3 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

This makes me smile :) A lot.

3:46 PM  
Blogger The Sugared and Spiced Kitchen said...

You have captured their friendship so elegantly and so tenderly. I am amazed by these two girls who love each other so very dearly. I can only imagine how their story will play out in the years to come.
Suzanne

9:50 PM  
Blogger Cary said...

how lovely:)

9:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home