Saturday, March 27, 2010

Spring!





For us, Spring really begins on the first day that is spent entirely outside in conjunction with the first big trip to the nursery for soil, plants and outdoor goodies.
Today was that day.



I start to get excited about our yard on a good sunny day like today. I think about mowing, grass seed, flower placement, color schemes, weeds, raking, edging... all that stuff that Tim could not give one flip about. No, that's not fair. He does, just not to the extent that I do.

This year I am obsessed with having a driveway installed. Yep, we've gone 3 years without one. One step at a time though.
That has always been our problem in the past. We have too many ideas and don't ever seem to have a clear plan of attack. Today, we focused on two things: Getting the yard and the parkway raked and mowed. DONE. And getting new shrubs for the front of the house. DONE.
Home Sweet Home
(this is a picture from when we first moved in)

On top of our two priorities, we managed to put a new seat on the swing, recycle all of our electronics (Hey, it's a big deal. That crap has been cluttering the shed for years.) and purchase some grass seed and flowers to plant tomorrow (if the weather allows).

I love a well-manicured lawn. Ours is gettin' there.

I forgot to take a picture of the front of the house after its new and improved face. I'll do it tomorrow. The new shrubs (gardenias) are such a big improvement over the ratty, scrubby bushes that were there since moving in. Spring is so awesome. It might be my new favorite season.


1 Comments:

Anonymous Karen Z. said...

I love your blog and I´m a huge fan of your warm beautiful photographs! If you and your family ever want to come down to weird and colorful Mexico City make sure to contact me! : )
Thanks for sharing the beauty!

10:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home