Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Um, Wow.

48 Names in the Hat!

I'm not embarrassed after all. In fact, I am floored. I am flabbergasted. (I just wanted to use that word, really.) I'm so unbelievably flattered. Hey! Apparently, tonight, I'm everything that starts with "f". Seriously though, thank you to everyone that responded. Honestly? I didn't think that many people even read the blog. I wish I could give every single one of you a free session. Thank you for the encouragement.

I'm so glad I started a blog. It's so much cheaper than therapy!

Whenever I start doubting myself, I am going to come back to this post and read your comments. You guys really know how to boost a girl's confidence. A Very Big Award or not, I just might go for it. (Maybe you guys could stick around a little while longer? See me through it? I might need some more fuel in a few months!)

I've decided that we can make this little "drawing" even more fun. Since we don't find out until April 11th (seems like a long way off), I will give you more chances to put your name in the hat. Meaning: Each time you comment on a post, your name goes in the hat, again! You could really beef up your chances of winning depending on how many times I post before the 11th. (Or you could think "this is really stupid and much more trouble than it's worth" and not play along.) I'll still love you if you choose option 2. Honest.

Okay, so I'll give you something to comment on:

I have this friend. She's the friendliest friend. She should probably win A Very Big Award for being the Friendliest Person in the World. And if you know her, you'll no doubt agree.
Anyway, this friend, she has a great story. It's a true story. It's a tear-jerker. And even if you're not married, or don't have kids, or never will.... it's a story you should hear.

So, go here: Friendliest Person in the World's Website
After you get there, click on "the bee well story" and read it.

When you're done crying, you've hugged your mate or your pet and you've purchased some goods, come back here and make a comment. Any comment.

7 Comments:

Blogger Marshall B. said...

Hey Angela! This is uber-creepy, but I found a picture of yours on a website my freshman year of college (2 years ago) and i found your blog and have been checking in periodically ever since because I fell in love with the pictures. And I mean, right around that time you found out you were pregnant and I kind of HAD to know if the baby would be alright. But y'all just seem so .... COOL. plus, I'm from Chattanooga, so I periodically see things I recognize and THAT's pretty cool as well. Butum... in a not CrEePy way, I want to be a cool grown up like you. if i ever decide to grow up.


which i might not.

2:46 AM  
Blogger andrealu said...

This is the 3rd time I've read this story and I'm crying again. Why am I on FB before work? Avoidance. Why am I crying again? For your friend and for a friend at work whose cancer returned and has not responded to aggressive chemotherapy and radiation. She has two boys, 1 a senior in HS and 1 a sophomore. Why?

6:03 AM  
Blogger Meredith said...

Thanks for sharing again Ang. Such a wonderful story.

7:20 AM  
Blogger Kristen said...

Wow. I'm speechless. I can't believe the timing. My great grandma is in the hospital now recovering from having a pacemaker put in. This will be the perfect gift for her. Thank you!

9:07 AM  
Blogger jfickes said...

That story is amazing, touching, sad and happy all at the same time. I will definitely keep that site in mind when I need gifts (and most likely for myself). I'm glad to hear that we have imparted you with some confidence to go out on your own - you are so talented!!! Now get out there!

10:11 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I saw this ages (years?) ago and had forgotten about it. (Had you posted it on the blog before now?) Anyway, THANKS for (re)posting. Such an amazing story & one that I should bookmark & read every so often.

I'm so excited you're seriously considering making the leap. Your eye sees priceless memories the world needs frozen in time :)

10:10 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love reading stories about people who turn a less-than-ideal situation into something so thoughtful and meaningful for others. What a great idea your friend had with her "bee well" company. So creative and cozy and happy. Such a great idea. I also really admire people, like this, who take the risk by starting something they're passionate about. I really wish I could find that.

And....I think it's ironic that this is the link you posted because YOU have a passion that you should TOTALLY take the risk for: jump in with both feet and do it full-time! You've got the goods. You will do well (and bee well...hehe!).

I also heard something today that this reminds me of: I was getting frustrated about something at work, as I often do..and someone said, "if it doesn't impact things 100 years from now, then it's not worth getting upset about". Think about it! Your pictures WILL be here 100 years from now....so that makes your risk so meaningful.

Go for it. Life is too short. :)

11:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home