Wednesday, October 19, 2005

Yay! It works!


This is a scan- One year after purchase.

I did have to call Apple Care twice for support, but other than that the setup went well.
Apple is such a cool company. For instance, it was like Christmas unwrapping this thing. The packaging alone was something to get excited about. Also, the support techs I talked to were uber cool. One chick, when she asked what product I was requesting support for exclaimed, "Oh! You got a mini? I SO want one of those," before she shocked herself back into 'robot' mode. It was funny. I felt like I was talking to a pal. Anyway, she informed me that any Apple store holds free classes to help you learn more about your computer. I am so there. Seriously, how awesome is that? I am on my way to CompuNerd status.
Oh, yeah. One other cool thing is that the mini will recognize almost anything you plug in it's ports. So, those hours I thought I'd have to spend installing software and correcting glitches, were spent getting to know my way around on a mac.
Side note: I'm noticing as I write this entry that I don't have as many options for posting as I did on my PC. Usually the 'add a link' button and the 'bold' and 'italic' buttons are at the top....hmmmm. Anyone know about that? Anyone else using a mac with blogger.com? There is no option to write in HTML either...which is how I normally post. What to do?

I'll sleep on that one.
Oh yeah. ONE more thing. It's as quite as a mouse. Quieter than a mouse. I love that.

P.S.
I need a favor. I forgot to save my address book. (I know- you can call me names later.) So, I need everyone's email address please. That means you too chaz. EVERYONE. I have nothing. Please, please, please if you read this just send me a quick email. It doesn't have to say anything....well, if you feel the need to type something just type your favorite adjective and I'll post a Madlibs sentence with everyone's email response.

P.S.S.S.S. Ali, would you mind sending that evite again? Thanks shuggah.

2 Comments:

Blogger tony said...

I'm not sure what the deal is with those buttons disappearing but the same thing happens in Wordpress and MovableType. Methinks it's part browser, part OS. For instance, the buttons are there in Firefox on windows, but not on a Mac, which is very strange.

Mt email is tonysimon at gmail.com or anything at tonysimon.org

9:50 AM  
Blogger angela said...

Tony, you were right... Blogger supports Safari (which is the mac browser), but only 3% of it's users are using it. They suggested downloading Firefox. So, that's what I did. All of the buttons are in there respective places now.

2:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home