Saturday, October 08, 2005

It's All Greek to Me


Let me just start by saying that, "Meat on a stick rules!"

Tim and I have been talking about going to the Greek Fest for years. We finally made it this year thanks, in part, to Suzanne and Phillip. We would have forgotten about it otherwise.

We met up at the cathedral at around 5pm. Luckily, Tim, being the thoughtful husband he is, dropped me off up front. Unfortunately, he and our friends had to park far away and got an unwanted workout before the festivities. As I waited for them to join me at the entrance, I watched The Greeks being bussed in in droves. (Can you use in in in a sentence?)
Anyway, I've never seen so many people that look like Tim.

We bought our tickets and walked through the entrance and I seriously felt like I was in another country. It was neat. The music enticed me to dance and the smell of food made me immediately hungry. And not to mention, the anticipation of purchasing the only item we really went there for....the pastries, was killing me!

After perusing the entertainment venues, running into people from our sordid pasts and eating, we went inside to see the cathedral. That was amazing. The entire sanctuary was done in mosaics. It was so freaking cool. The pictures I took don't do it justice. I was dumbfounded... until someone said, "Let's go get pastries."

The night ended with Phillip's 'right-on' suggestion of going back to their place to make coffee and enjoy our just-purchased treats. We drank strong coffee, moaned over honey-dipped desserts, played a few games, took pictures of the babies in yarmulkes (you'll see those photos later), and finally parted ways with laughter. For one night, we were all Greek.
Click here for the full experience.

1 Comments:

Blogger angela said...

Oh, I don't want to bad-mouth anyone over the internet, but to make it short and simple...
(insert bitch's name here) has been the only person to slap me across the face (and it was over something WAY stupid). I'll tell you in more detail when I see you in person (if you're still curious). I wonder if Ben recognizes her from Athens?

1:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home