Thursday, October 13, 2005

Today you're 5 months old.


RIGHT NOW...
My favorite thing about you is: The way you smile and coo at me when you haven't seen me all day, or when you wake up from a nap. I wish I could wake up like that- with a clean slate and a grin. I also love your eyes, how expressive they are. You are truly becoming your own person. I already know that you will be a terror, in every sense of the word.
The most frustrating thing about parenting is: This is the transition period: transition from infant carrier to convertible; liquid to solid food; bottle to sippy cup; sitting to standing; "I'm crying because I need something" to "I'm crying because I don't know why I'm crying, but pick me up anyway". Although you are learning more, I can tell that you are more and more frustrated that you can't just be a big girl already. I'm sorry. The transition period is a part of life, for Mommy and Baby.
What I'm most looking forward to is: Watching you crawl and sit up all on your own. I wonder if you are just going to skip the crawling stage. You don't seem that interested.
The biggest relief would be: If I could find a better paying night time job so I could spend more time with Daddy and Baby together. I feel like a walking Zombie. I hope you don't notice!

Some funny things you've been doing: You have been obsessed with your tongue for the past few days. You crack us up with all of your tongue acrobatics. You've also been spitting. It's funny until you peg someone with baby spit. (Sorry Bea!) You've been laughing, really laughing. It's awesome. Also, one of the more endearing things you've been doing is holding your arms out for us to pick you up.

Since we didn't have a doctor's appt. this month I have no idea how much you weigh or how tall you are. I'm guessing you weigh 16 lbs and are 26 1/2" tall. That would put you in the 75th percentile for weight and 98th for height.
I would update further, but it's time to make the doughnuts.

6 Comments:

Blogger jen said...

I can't believe what a big girl she's gotten to be! She's cute as a button.

8:29 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That little babe is so damn cute, I can't stand it. Can't wait to see her again. Can't wait to her that laugh!

J.

9:18 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah, can't wait to hear it too.

9:19 PM  
Blogger angela said...

Jen- are you going to Alison's Sat?
Jewee- I can't wait to see YOU! I'm so excited.
And Anonymous- is that you Bry?

1:56 AM  
Blogger Melissa said...

come! come! everybody come on saturday! I need the baybays and the mamas! do it. i mean it.

12:23 PM  
Blogger angela said...

It will all depend on Timmy. He has a painting job and if he gets it done on time we'll definitely be there.

2:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home