Tuesday, October 18, 2005

Reason 4,052 why I love Tim...

This was a conversation around 2am last night when I got home from work and crawled into bed:
"You are never gonna guess your birthday present this year."
"Can I hold it in my hand?"
"Yeah, sort of."
"Is is a book?"
"No, why would you guess that?"
"You always get me a book."
"No I don't! When did I get you a book?"
"For Christmas you got me that Detox for Life book and for my birthday you got me that Kitchens book..."
"Oh yeah." (Pause) "Well, it's not a book."

Tim, as great as he is at keeping secrets, made a major error this year. He had my birthday present delivered to the house.

Now, I don't know about you, but if a medium-sized package comes via FedEx to your house with your hubby's name on it, I open it! I thought about leaving it untouched. I almost did, until I saw where it was from. The return address read ACI. Simple. ACI- think think, what is ACI? Oh damn! Apple Computers Inc. (Jumping up and down with baby on hip.)

Mac mini! For those of you that have no clue, it's not a book.

I have been cursing this computer nearly every night. Kicking the hard drive. Slamming the keyboard. I haven't even been able to hook up the new scanner that I bought about a year ago b/c this ancient piece of shit can't support it for some reason. It's continually freezing up. I might actually throw it away. On second thought, maybe I'll smash it Zombie-style. Ode to Tim, Father of my Child, Master of Gift-giving.

Why haven't I set it up already?
I'm glad you asked. I must buy a USB keyboard and mouse for it. I also need a USB hub seeing as it only has 2 USB ports. (Not that I have a ton of stuff to hook up, it'll just be nice not to have to keep pulling and plugging things in.) And eventually, when the cash flow is better, I'd like to get a LCD flat screen. That would be sweet.

So, it's off to CompUSA tomorrow. I hope I can get it up and running by the afternoon. Knowing my luck, there will be some glitch. I'm not the most computer savvy.
Dude, I'm so glad it wasn't a book.
Love you Sweet Pea.

3 Comments:

Blogger Melissa said...

do NOT tell me I am walking around unaware that I am in the midst of your birthday, completely clueless to that which I should be heartily celebrating!? WTF? who's in charge of this stuff? I NEED TO KNOW THESE THINGS! tell me when it is so I may either freak out and apologize for missing it, or get on the bandwagon to prepare for it's arrival. i love you and i love your birthday gift. you are a sneak for not waiting until he got home to open it, and it makes me love you more

11:34 AM  
Blogger angela said...

Oh, I guess I should have mentioned that it came 2 weeks early! My birthday isn't until November 6th.
When Tim read my blog he said, "It wasn't an error... I didn't care if it came early or not." He was just as excited about it as I was! And here I've been hogging it all night.

So, no worries. You will all have your chance to eagerly celebrate my 31st. Heh heh. Why am I laughing? I'll be 31!

Chaz! WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN? Will you be coming in town for the holidays?

11:36 PM  
Blogger jen said...

Bill never lets me have birthday gifts early... Tim's cool to let you go ahead and start playing with it now!

6:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home