Sunday, October 23, 2005

Burt's Pumpkin Patch


Saturday was one of the most fun days EVER. We went up to north Georgia to get a pumpkin from Burt's Pumpkin Patch. This is a very cool place and even though there were tons of people, it was worth the trip. Tim's mom and dad and Jonah (our nephew) went with us. The hayride was super cool and they had some pretty funky pumpkins. We left with an ordinary orange one and then Tim insisted on getting a "goblin" pumpkin (that's what we've dubbed it). It's green and bubbly- no joke!
You can check out all of the photos here: They even had cotton candy pumpkins!
We made it back to Roswell just in time to go to Benihana with my parents and sister. We were celebrating our birthdays together (my sister's is the 26th of Oct. and mine is Nov. 6th). That was a lot of fun. Although, I must say, I was expecting the volcano trick and the chef didn't do it.
After dinner, Kelli, my sister, suggested we go bowling. We arrived just in time for Disco Bowl. It was funny to see my parents out there rolling glow-in-the-dark balls after their bedtime. My mom even did a jig to some hip hop. Kelli picked up a spare by doing her fancy under one leg bowl. I was just about to score a turkey before our games were cut off. (We got the deal where you pay for 2 hours and get a "free" pitcher of coke.) So, just as I was about to grab my ball and roll my third strike in a row, our light went out signifying that our time was up. Blasphemy! Audrey was a trooper and slept through it all.
After a very long day, Tim and I drove home with smiles on our faces. Mine because I was happy to have done something different and exciting on a Saturday surrounded by a family that I love. Tim's smile was because he was proud he'd married a woman that could bowl a good game.
"The bowling alley is the poor man's country club" - Sanford Hansell, bowling center manager

6 Comments:

Blogger angela said...

Thanks- you saw that the cotten candy photo was for you, right?
I loved that it said "eatable" and not edible. HA!

1:36 AM  
Blogger Brooks Brown said...

awesome pumpkin pics. jonah is so cute -- looks like a mini version of the kid from "pete's dragon", how cool to have orange hair at the pumpkin patch. the picture of audrey against the october sky is magnificent. i am excited that i will get to meet her next month and give her presents.

2:03 PM  
Blogger jen said...

Audrey is the cutest thing ever- Ethan will be lucky to date her!

2:55 PM  
Blogger angela said...

Brooks- Jonah is a cutie. I'm printing you up some pictures of Aud to take home with you. I can't wait for your visit.
Jen- Arranged marriage. Right here. Right now. It's a done deal.

3:16 PM  
Blogger Brooks Brown said...

and i forgot to say again, audrey is really really looking like you in that picture -- wow! some of her expressions lately are exactly like yours waddy. she definitely has her mama's eyes -- lucky girl!

9:18 AM  
Blogger angela said...

Let's just hope she's not as good at throwing tantrums as her momma. Just wait til you see her in person, you'll see how much trouble we're in.

11:20 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home