Wednesday, January 02, 2013

Day Two

FIND THE HUMOR.
"Don't take life too seriously."- Larry Waddy

I must laugh.
I have to get out of my head.
My pop knows when I need reminding. Today, I reminded myself.

The girls and I started the day by eating breakfast and then heading to the Y. Harper was thrilled because one of her best friends from school arrived at exactly the same time as us. So, she was set. Audrey got excited when I dropped her off at her room because the air hockey table had been unveiled. Sweet! Mama could workout without guilt.

After running a couple of miles on the treadmill, I thought I'd go downstairs to see if they'd reactivated my account (for the machines). I really wanted to get started on my core. I'm determined to be smoking hot.

Don't laugh.

Anyway, they had! Great. I was in the system. Now, if only I could remember how to use the damn  machines. Which one was for abs? You should have seen me. Anyone watching me was probably highly entertained. I was laughing at myself, even! Finally, I gave up like a good girl and made an appointment to meet with the fitness expert in a couple of days for a much needed review. Although, the one machine I did manage to figure out sure did feel great- back extension, was it?

Grabbed the girls and we headed to the pool. We were all very anxious to try out our new goggles. (Thank you, Target, for the misprint. I bought three pair for less than the regular price of one. Score!) Now Harper, that kid, she never stops amazing me with her precociousness. From the minute she hits the water she busies herself by chatting with adults and teaching herself to swim. Today, I laughed so hard when she interrupted my laps to blurt out, "WATCH THIS!" Of course, I was monumentally surprised when I saw that she did an underwater handstand ending in a perfect flip. I thought for sure she'd come up coughing and grabbing her burning, water-filled nose. Nope. She wore a grin from ear to ear. I couldn't stop laughing and shaking my head! She did it over and over again in order to keep me tickled. Full of surprises.
On to Audrey, she wanted to hang with me. So, she asked me how to push off the wall like I do. Then, she asked me to show her how to swim, really swim, she said. I did. She observed and then,  to my amazement, that little determined soul sped off freestylin' it like a pro. Quick study.

After the Y, we piled back into the car and sang songs about poop. That's always funny.


The rest of the day was pretty much a blur. We ran some errands, ate some lunch and had a dance party in the living room. Harper kept her swimming suit on all day. And I let her. She had good reason to be proud. We watched a movie, of course. I tried to capture that.

I laughed hardest this evening.

I'm really a little reluctant to post this link but damn, it's funny!

Louis CK- On being single again.

If you have tender ears, don't listen. If you find yourself single again and over 30 you'll be able to relate and laugh. I never ever thought I'd be back out there again. I distinctly remember saying, several times, over the course of twelve years, "Damn. I'm glad we'll never have to go through that again. Dating sucks." Sigh. Anyway, just listen. He's a funny guy.

I ended the night watching Hunger Games. I wasn't all that impressed. Glad I didn't wait in line to see it at the theater.

Books are always better.

2 Comments:

Blogger Laika said...

I was cracking up the other day at Louis CK -- this one hit too close to home for me: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WzEhoyXpqzQ

4:44 AM  
Blogger angela said...

That was a good one. I've had a similar experience at the doc's office. "You're just getting older," she said. "Things are going to hurt."

*Shaking my fists!

8:09 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home