Tuesday, January 01, 2013

Day One


HAPPY NEW YEAR.

For last year's words belong to last year's language and next year's words await another voice, And to make an end is to make a beginning.
-T. S. Eliot, Little Gidding

I've been waiting for this day for some time.
2012 could not be over fast enough for me. And although I had invitations to go out and party it up, ring in the new year right, it became more of a reflective time for me. "Out with the old and in with the new." Never has it applied to any of my years more than this one. The girls and I did, however, go roast some s'mores at our neighbor's house. So, we were a little festive.


2013
I have high hopes.
I'm going to start blogging again. I miss it. Besides, my memory is going to shit and I want to remember what I do on a daily basis. This will be good for me.
I am going to attempt the 365 Project. You know, where you take a picture of yourself every day for an entire year? We'll see how long it lasts. I thought it'd be fun to start today. After all, it's a big year for me, certain to be chocked full of highs and lows. And look at it this way, you'll get to see me age. It will make you feel better.
I'm going to paint. For real. Yes, I'm going to art. Audrey used the term "arting" the other day and I'm going to steal it right now, right here. As in, "Mom, don't bother me right now. I'm busy arting." Well, I'm going to be busy arting, too. Damn it. I am.
I'm going to figure it out. I don't know what that means, exactly, but I know I need to do it.
I'm going to watch some baseball. Lots of it. Baseball makes me happy. Go Braves.

My high hopes will multiply, for sure. Those are the first five that came to mind. Well, besides the ones I've already started like working out and  being more social.

THIS MORNING
We met some of our favorite people at Jiva Jive for breakfast in our jammies. Well, I got a scolding for not wearing mine. You know? I have no jammies. I wear t-shirts to bed. I guess I need some pajamas.




















THIS AFTERNOON
I cooked collard greens for the first time in my life. Not bad! I wasn't sure if I was doing it correctly.
I also took the girls and one of their good friends to the local bouncy place. I got some photo editing work done and the young ones came home breathless and red-faced. (Makes for a relaxing early evening.)















THIS EVENING
Well, this came as a surprise to me and definitely wasn't on the agenda, but the girls begged me:
They got haircuts. Now, I was super nervous because when I was younger I got what were called "Attitude Adjustments" (haircuts) which only happened when I needed to, of course, change my attitude. You can probably guess why I keep long hair, now. When I was a wee one, I sported a very short haircut. Funny, I don't remember being that difficult of a child...
Anyway, I was so scared that they would cry. (I did. Every single time.)
Quite the contrary. They squealed with joy! Audrey wanted hers shorter! She wanted layers. She wanted bangs. I was beside myself. And Harper just kept staring at herself in the mirror. It definitely fits her personality. Haircuts welcomed? Who knew?

SUMMARY
This new year brings change. Change is good. I think I'll buy some paint for my walls tomorrow. Start redecorating. I might even get myself a haircut. I sure could use an Attitude Adjustment.











7 Comments:

Blogger bropez9 said...

First comment on the first blog of the new year?
I love you so much. Don't overlook what you've accomplished; you've defied the odds, as far as I'm concerned.
And you are a stellar mom, daughter, sister and friend. I thank my stars to have you and your children in my life.
<3

11:55 PM  
Blogger angela said...

I am the lucky one. Thanks for always being there. It's gonna be a good year for the both of us!

12:04 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey lovely lady. I'm looking forward to keeping up with you again. Here's to a fabulous year! Lalalian :-)

6:40 AM  
Blogger Annalaura said...

I love the top picture of you. You look strong and confident.

11:44 AM  
Blogger momofthree said...

I will try this again - did not realize that I was logged in as Annalaura. It is a delight to see how much you and your girls enjoy each other and how they enjoy each other. These are moments to cherish! Sarah

11:47 AM  
Blogger lex said...

so glad to be reading again. and to be featured - yay! you are some of our favorite people, and we love you guys so much.

7:28 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

You are as beautiful as they come, so I don't think any of us will "feel better" seeing your mug every day, but your photography is stunning, and I will happily look at any pic you post. You're a good egg, Angela. Here's to a fabulous 2013 for you and yours.:)

8:57 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home